West Chicago Historic Ornament Series Collector's Guide
Please visit our museum during open hours to purchase ornaments. You may also call us at (630) 231-3376 to pre-order.
All ornaments are $9 each; we ship anywhere in the United States for a $3 shipping fee.
West Chicago Public Library District
The first library in town dates to 1879 when a railroad excursion trip raised money for an reading room. In 1894, a committee of eight residents formed the Turner Reading Room & Library Association and opened in two rooms of the Bolles Opera House. From 1929 until 1953, the library was housed in three downtown locations before a dedicated library building opened at 332 E. Washington St. on May 15, 1953. In 1986 the Library District was formed, converting it from a municipal library. On October 9, 1993, the current building was opened at 118 W. Washington St.
Indian Knoll School
Indian Knoll School was built near the High Lake Subdivision and opened with 14 classrooms in 1967. Its name comes from the Native American tribes that were present in the area prior to the 1830s. A dedication exercise and visitation period was held on Sunday, November 5, 1967. Mr. Ray Hosteland, First Assistant County Superintendent of Schools, spoke at the dedication. Over 600 people attended. Indian Knoll is one of six elementary schools in District 33.